Recycled March 30, 2015 / Robert Friday’s pizza dough becomes Sunday’s Chelsea Buns. Share this:EmailFacebookLinkedInPinterestPocketPrintRedditTumblrTwitterLike this:Like Loading... Related
7 thoughts on “Recycled ”
How did you make these?
I also would love to know. You very talented.
I have put the recipe on the blog. I hindsight when I look at the all of the steps it’s not as complicated as it first appears.
For me baking and cooking is therapy as its so rewarding.
Me too 😊
I did the following:
1. Mixed together 30g sugar, a handful of mixed dried fruit and a tsp of mixed spice
2. Rolled the dough out to an oblong 30 x 15 cm
3. Using a knife, gently spread a thin layer of soft butter over the dough
4. Sprinkled a third of the fruit mixture onto the dough making sure multiples pieces did not stick together
5. Folded the top third of the dough down and the bottom third up – like for puff pastry
6. Turned the dough a quarter turn
7. Repeated 2-6 twice
8. Tightly rolled the dough into a sausage shape
9. Using a bowl scraper I cut the dough into six slices
10. Arranged the slices cut side down on a lined baking tin with space to spread
11. Covered the tin with a plastic box to prove for about 30 mins
12. Preheated the oven to 200oC
13. Baked for 20 mins
14. Meanwhile made glaze from 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp milk
15. Glazed the tops when fresh from the oven and added 1/2 cherry to the middle
16. Left to cool on a wire rack
They are delicious eaten slightly warm 🙂